Castles Education is fully committed to ensuring our website is accessible and inclusive for all users, whether you use a text browser, screen reader or other assistive technologies. To that end, we aim to continue to build this site in compliance with the guidelines provided by the W3C Accessibility Initiative.
Maintaining an accessible website is an ongoing process and we are continually working to improve the site for all users. If you have any comments or questions about the accessibility of this site, please contact us.
Features to enhance this site’s accessibility
- All text is resizable using hold down the Control key (Ctrl) and spin the mouse wheel to make the fonts smaller or larger. Text can also be resized using Control + and Control – on the keyboard
- All the images have equivalent text alternatives
- Colour is not used to convey information on Castles.Education – all pages on this website are readable regardless of your colour-vision
- Mark up documents with the proper structural elements has been implemented and presentation controlled with style sheets rather than with presentation elements and attributes
- Tables in web pages have necessary mark-up to be transformed by accessible browsers and other user agents
- Web pages are accessible even when newer technologies are not supported or are turned off
- Clear and consistent navigation is provided – for example, orientation information, navigation bars, a site map so you will find what you are looking for on Castles.Education
- We have followed consistent page layout, recognisable graphics, and easy to understand language to benefit all users
- Web pages appear and operate in predictable ways
- All text content is readable and understandable
- We aim to have maximum compatibility on different browsers and devices
- We have developed the site to make it easier for users to see and hear content including separating foreground from background
It should be possible to access all parts of the site (including forms) using just the keyboard. However, if you have any problems with this, do contact us and let us know. Please provide information about the web browser and operating system you are using – it will be a big help in fixing the problem!
Additionally, most browsers support jumping to specific links by typing keys defined on the web site. These are known as “access keys”.
They are activated in various ways depending on your browser and operating system.
- All parts of the site use Cascading Style Sheets for visual layout and design.
- If your browser does not support stylesheets all pages should still be readable.
- Text is sized relatively, so it’s possible to adjust the text size to your needs.