As a Maths teacher…
Are you looking to take on responsibility for a key stage and extra responsibilities such as;
- Creating, designing, monitoring, and develop the curriculum in line with the vision and values of our client?
- Working with the curriculum leader to oversee and develop a weekly programme of extra-curricular clubs and interventions for Maths?
- Organising a range of trips and visits to support the curriculum?
As a teacher of Maths you will be working within a school that provides a rich and balanced educational environment that focuses on the whole person academically, vocationally, socially, morally, spiritually, physically, emotionally and environmentally.
Responsibilities and Duties
- To ensure your teaching is consistently good or outstanding and that outcomes are exemplary and in line with KPIs.
To assist the curriculum leader in Maths, be responsible for leading the key stage in;
- ensuring the teaching across your department is consistently good and outstanding and that outcomes are exemplary and in line with KPIs.
- working in partnership with the lead professional for teaching and learning to ensure there is support for colleagues in developing their knowledge, skills and pedagogy.
- ensuring consistently high standards across your department through rigorous quality assurance measures.
- observing and developing colleagues regularly and to act as a beacon of best pedagogical practice.
- ensuring a rigorous assessment policy is in place so that KPIs can be accurately tracked and monitored in order to ensure all students make outstanding progress.
- setting challenging targets that build on prior attainment of every student and ensure our KPIs are met.
- evaluating student progress on a weekly basis through ensuring student work is levelled with clear targets to develop.
Qualifications and Skills
- Qualified teacher status.
- First degree or 2:1 in related subject.
- A commitment to your own continuing professional development.
- Evidence of teaching outstanding lessons over time.
- Evidence of significantly improving teaching, learning and examination results at key stage 3 and 4.
- Evidence of raising standards over a 3 year period. Including evidence of raising levels of progress from key stage 2-4.
- Evidence of managing challenging behaviour successfully and implementing strategies to ensure staff adopt a consistent approach to behaviour management is taken throughout a faculty.
- Experience of successful team leadership and team membership.
- Evidence of the ability, ambition and experience to develop and maintain a clear and vibrant vision for a curriculum area.
- Experience of successfully contributing to wider aspects of whole school life.
The school is very focused on looking for candidates who are dedicated in transforming the lives of those with the community it serves.
The school has an outstanding principal and leadership team and received its first inspection in May 2017.
- Overall effectiveness – Good.
- Effectiveness of leadership and management – Outstanding.
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment – Good.
- Personal development, behaviour and welfare – Outstanding.
- Outcomes for pupils – Outstanding.
It is part of an excellent academy trust, providing comprehensive CPD opportunities.
They are based in a temporary home whilst the new permanent site is being built.
The school is based on the Royal Docks (E16), one of the most exciting places to live and work in London, offering excellent transport links.
The school has a committed, motivated and highly skilled staff body.