As a teacher of Science (NQT) you will have…
- a committed and wholehearted belief that all young people, regardless of their starting points, needs or complexities can make outstanding progress and reach A*-B grades at GCSE and achieve 4 good A-levels.
- an optimistic and positive belief that all young people can constantly change and transform into confident, ambitious, honest, happy, hard-working, respectful citizens.
- a desire to be part of a team that is leading community transformation and challenging the status quo.
- a belief in themselves about what is possible and will consistently act as an aspirational role model in all that they do.
As a teacher of Science you will be working within a school that provides a rich and balanced educational environment that focuses on the whole person academically, vocationally, socially, morally, spiritually, physically, emotionally and environmentally.
Responsibilities and Duties
- To consistently teach outstanding lessons which bring about excellent outcomes for students.
- The post holder is expected to meet all the core, excellent and advanced skills professional standards for teachers.
- The post holder will be required to deliver daily sessions of literacy intervention in addition to their core responsibilities as teacher of Science.
- The post holder will be the pastoral lead for a vertical house group as their house coach
- The post holder will be required to teach outside their subject area as part of our enrichment curriculum (Sport, Music, Cookery, Art, Film etc)
Qualifications and Skills
- As teacher of Science you will have qualified teacher status.
- First degree or 2:1 in related subject.
- Commitment to your own continuing professional development.
- Commitment to the belief that all young people, regardless of starting points, needs or complexities, will become employed in a career with prospects
- Wholehearted belief and commitment that A*-B grades are achievable by all students with the correct culture, curriculum and intervention.
- Wholehearted belief that ability or intellect is not fixed, but incremental, and can always be improved
The school is very focused on candidates who are dedicated to transforming the lives of those with the community it serves.
The school has an outstanding principal and leadership team and received its first inspection in May 2017.
- Overall effectiveness – Good.
- Effectiveness of leadership and management – Outstanding.
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment – Good.
- Personal development, behaviour and welfare – Outstanding.
- Outcomes for pupils – Outstanding.
It is part of an excellent academy trust, providing comprehensive CPD opportunities.
They are based in a temporary home whilst the new permanent site is being built.
The school is based on the Royal Docks (E16), one of the most exciting places to live and work in London, offering excellent transport links.
The school has a committed, motivated and highly skilled staff body.