Job Reference: CasKW14 Job ID 207265575
Job Type: Temporary
Location: Greenwich, London
Salary: £55 - £65 per day / DOE
Date Posted: 26th January, 2018
Date Closing: 12th February, 2018
Sector(s): Teaching Assistant Jobs, Support Worker Jobs
Agency: Castles Education
Are you an experienced SEND (Special Education Needs and Disabilities), Teaching Assistant looking for a new role to start immediately within the Greenwich area?
If so, Castles Education have your next role waiting for you.
This role is available on a full time basis as a supply TA for the right candidate this could become a permanent position. Daily supply pay rate will depend on experience and range from £55 – £65 a day.
To be considered for this role you will need to meet the following criteria:
• You will need to be an experienced teaching assistant with a solid understanding of supporting either primary or secondary aged students with ASD, PMLD, SLD and/or medical needs.
• Any additional training within SEND would be an advantage e.g Team Teach, PECS, Makaton, Hoist or Manual Handling trained.
• Comfortable with challenging behaviours
• Able to support the class teacher as a team player within the school
• A patient and caring outlook
• Some students will require personal care which includes toileting and feeding.
• Live or can travel to Greenwich. Nearest station is North Greenwich on the Jubilee line with a short bus ride after.
The school is a”good” secondary school in Greenwich who cater for students with complex, ASD and profound needs. The SLT of the school are highly effective at pushing the school forward to provide outstanding educational opportunities and outcomes. All staff are continuously supported and given periodical CPD opportunities to develop their SEND understanding, whilst being encouraged to share good practice.
While teaching does happen within the school, there is a lot of focus to give students as much exposure through outdoor activities. Often trips to Farms, Zoos, Parks, Swimming, Art Centres, Outdoor activity centres etc, make up a core part of the teaching and learning experience.
If you can meet the criteria above, have a DBS on the update service and can start this role from the 19th February, then you should apply today.
We are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, younger learners and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. All positions will be subject to enhanced DBS checks, satisfactory references and will be exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974