Job Reference: SDMGR1
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £19,000 - £24,000
Date Posted: 2nd October, 2017
Date Closing: 6th October, 2017
Sector(s): Secondary Teacher Jobs, Maths Teacher Jobs, Graduate Teaching Jobs, Teaching Assistant Jobs
Agency: Castles Education
A high achieving Free School/Academy with over 1000 boys on roll in the lower school and a Co-educational Sixth Form of 270 students wish to appoint an experienced and creative data manager.
A school data manager is required to ensure accuracy of data using CMIS to support all staff in data analysis while working collaboratively with all staff on the management of data within the school.
You will be required to produce data analysis reports to support the senior leadership team in the strategic leadership of the school.
You will also need to further develop expertise in the software used by schools for data management
An increasingly complex school environment and a relentless focus on attainment means there’s a hunger for data and a need for sophisticated data management.
The school data manager is becoming a pivotal figure in all of this, providing accurate data and up-to-the minute interpretation of pupil information.
Good data is the foundation for target-setting and an indicator for interventions to increase attainment. The person in charge of this powerful tool – the data manager – has to be able to manipulate and disseminate data effectively to the whole school community.
Data Manager Duties
The successful applicant will be working alongside the leadership team to provide strategic leadership and effective management in the development of pupil data and reporting systems. A data manager will work with all staff at all levels and with the governing body.
• Design, creation and maintenance of an accurate and up-to-date management information system
• SATS data
• Pupil future estimates
• External results data
• Internal attainment grades
• Identifying groups of pupils and identifying underachievement
• Liaising with and briefing senior leaders, governors, heads of department and exam officers on the interpretation and implication of data
Skills and Knowledge Needed
The ability to:
• Make the complex appear simple
• Communicate well to a range of audiences
• Be highly ICT literate and proficient user of Excel and other databases
• Analyse and present data accurately to a range of stakeholders
• Be well organised with a good eye for detail
We are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, younger learners and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. All positions will be subject to enhanced DBS checks, satisfactory references and will be exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.