Job Reference: 2ndSCI01
Job Type: Contract
Date Posted: 3rd October, 2017
Date Closing: 29th December, 2017
Sector(s): Secondary Teacher Jobs, Science Teacher Jobs
Agency: Castles Education
Required for January 2018 or sooner if possible.
This is an exciting time to join the school where positive change is taking place. Recent developments are felt positively across the school…there is a feeling of optimism.
The school is an inclusive community which values the contribution that all students and colleagues offer.
It is our mission to ensure all our pupils are scientifically literate and can make well informed choices on the complex issues they will face, both in today and in the future. The right candidate will have a passion for delivering lessons in innovative ways to engage the students through a variety of different mediums, schemes of work and energy.
At Post 16 students achieved a record 29% A* – A grades.
At GCSE students achieved Grades 4 or better – 77% in English and 72% in Maths.
If you have proven to be an excellent practitioner in the classroom and are an exciting and inspirational leader, please apply.
We seek to provide a rich and varied education for all students and strive to provide them with the opportunity to achieve in every way.
Closing Date: Monday 2nd October 2017 Interview date to be confirmed upon shortlisting
· Qualified teacher status.
· Appropriate specialist qualifications in the subject or related subject: this would normally be at least first degree level / Knowledge and understanding at Key Stages 3, 4, 5.
· For this particular post evidence of further study in another area would be an advantage.
· A record of successful teaching experience at secondary level.
· A sound knowledge and understanding of the key issues regarding assessment.
· Ability to plan lessons adequately.
· Ability to support colleagues and work in a collaborative fashion.
· Ability to manage classroom behaviour positively / ability to develop excellent relationships with students.
· The ability and willingness to contribute to departmental planning and development of schemes of work.
· Excellent planning, assessment, recording and monitoring of students’ work, including homework.
· A sense of humour and a lively and enthusiastic commitment to teaching.
· A commitment to running after school activities.
· An empathy with young people and an understanding of their interests.
· A commitment to equal opportunities.
· A willingness to embrace and support the Catholic ethos of the school.
· A commitment to raising achievement and attainment levels of all students.
· Follow relevant schemes of work to teach the subject to Key Stages 3, 4, 5 including GCSE, BTEC, AS / A Level or other, as required by the school.